Monday, September 9, 2013

Best Hash browns in Town!

DSCN3835
Some people are just breakfast people.  I’m one of those.  I can eat breakfast at ANY time during the day or evening.  If the dish is prepared well, it can be just as satisfying to me as dining in a 5-star resort or famous restaurant.  Okay, so I can sometimes be a cheap date?! 

Nevertheless, in every industry, there are stand-outs for various reasons.  In real estate, I stand out because I am a market nerd.  I love the statistics and neighborhood profiling that lead to good negotiation strategy.  Being the “market expert” is important to me.  In the breakfast world, I think the stand-outs can be classified according to the quality of the hash browns.  Most establishments can get the eggs or pancakes right.  Some will do better than others on the bacon.  However, hash browns are the real differentiators.  Getting them just browned and crispy enough seems to be an elusive skill for many establishments.

In Savannah, there is one place that always gets them right:  The Diner on Abercorn.  It doesn’t matter if you want them plain, or with cheese, onions, or whatever else, they are perfect.  And, who can beat the diner setting?  I’m sure that other items on the menu are equally good, but the real breakfast lover should give The Diner a shot at making a great impression.  Fast, cheap, prepared exactly the way you want it --- what’s not to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment