Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Savannah Doors–#1

DSCN3420National Geographic Savannah-046
People who are fascinated with architectural elements often key in on a single item that draws their attention.  Mine is doors.  I spend a ridiculous amount of time looking a pictures of doors on Pinterest.  They always intrigue me, not just because of the shape or color.  More often that not, I just like to create stories about them.  For example, this is one of the doors in Savannah that has always been of interest.  It’s on Bull and Oglethorpe Streets.  Can’t you just imagine a tale of Moors or Ali Baba?  Doors can be appreciated like any other art form.  It’s all about what you feel when you look at it.  Every time I walk by this particular door, I feel like I’m one step away from jumping on a magic carpet and taking a ride to an exotic locale for the afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment